We are always striving to do better
Through performance management, quality improvement, and strategic planning.
Performance Management and Quality Improvement
The goal of performance management is to improve the way PPHD operates, in terms of improved health outcomes, efficiency in operations, and fiscal management. The performance management system is monitored by the performance management coordinator, health director, and Leadership Team.
A large part of performance management is setting specific performance goals, collecting data showing progress on these goals, reporting progress both internally to staff and externally to stakeholders through a systematic process, and integrating performance management into quality improvement.
The PPHD strategic plan is based on four strategic directions: Partner to Promote Health, Healthy People in Healthy Communities, Learning and Growth, and Accountability and Improvement.
Quality improvement is a building block to assure we are always providing optimum public health.
Quality improvement is achieved by:
- Continuously communicating the importance of quality to the staff, board, and our partners and stakeholders.
- Reviewing processes for efficiencies to assure we are performing at optimum levels.
- Reviewing and analyzing data to be certain the work we are doing is truly meeting the needs of those we serve.
- Supporting quality improvement through a commitment of time and resources.
- Engaging the right staff or partners for a thorough and fair review of quality improvement and processes.